Welcome to the 7th Grade Digital Design Moodle
This Moodle contains useful resources to help you understand what is expected of you at each stage of the design cycle.
You are required to design and manufacture a project that successfully meets the design situation. A full design folio is mandatory. The product/solution must be able to be created by you with the tools and facilities available to you within the school, with minimal support.
School policy applies for meeting deadlines of each of the individual sections: Criterion A: Inquiring and analyzing, B: Developing ideas, C: Creating the solution, and D: Evaluating. The school 'Academic Honesty Policy' applies to any work submitted for assessment. Workshop rules and safe working practices must be employed at all times.
Assessment Due Dates
Inquiring & Analyzing
Developing Design Ideas
Creating the Solution
S1 - 27th Jan (1 week)
S1 - 24th Feb (1 week)
S1 - 8th April (1 week)
S1/2 - 20th May (1 week)
Design (Digital Design) – Grade 7
Atlanta International School
The digital design course in all grades has been developed to engage students in critical thinking and problem solving through the design and creation of digital products based on given contexts and problematic situations.
The design cycle is employed to assist students in solving real life design problems in a logical, creative manner. In Grade 7 Digital Design, the students follow the design cycle model to design, build and evaluate a short Comic Book which should aim at solving a particular need chosen by each student. The resulting design folder that contains all of their documentation is then graded along with any practical work.
The aims of MYP digital design are to encourage and enable students to:
- enjoy the design process, develop an appreciation of its elegance and power
- develop knowledge, understanding and skills from different disciplines to design and create solutions to problems using the design cycle
- use and apply technology effectively as a means to access, process and communicate information, model and create solutions, and to solve problems
- develop an appreciation of the impact of design innovations for life, global society and the environment
- appreciate past, present and emerging design within cultural, political, social, historical and environmental contexts
- develop respect for others’ viewpoints and appreciate alternative solutions to problems
- act with integrity and honesty, and take responsibility for their own actions developing effective working practices.
You have been hired by The Organization for Family Research (TOFR) to create a comic that tells the story of the history of your family. TOFR is creating a new division that will focus on creating historical material for middle schoolers. You must help them by creating a comic book that not only tells the personal story of your family, but also includes information about where you come from and details about key figures in your family. How has your family been impacted by history, and how has history impacted impacted your family?
Design BriefYou are to Design and Create a Comic using Comic Life, with photos that you take, old family photos, and properly cited images from other sources! This will be for middle school students to learn about history, families, different cultures and locations. You will print your comic, with a creative cover and credits page, to present to the class and beyond!