Welcome to the AIS Theatre Tech Club
Teachers: Mr. Warren & Mr. Bell
Student Leader: Theo Viala
The Theatre Tech Club is a support & service club which allows High School students to explore practically the field of technical theatre (i.e., lighting, sound, prop building, scenic construction and design, special effects, stage management, etc.) The club not only provides the needed technical support for the AIS Theatre & Music Program, but also for student events, guest speakers, and rental activities.
- Students will create theatrical productions/performances. Students will apply knowledge of theatrical elements.
- Students will explain the aesthetics of theatre and evaluate theatrical performances.
- Students will make connections among the arts and between theatre and non-arts disciplines.
- Connect math skills to the design and construction of sets & costumes.
- Connect scientific knowledge to the application of lighting and sound.
In order for an AIS student to participate in Theatre Production a parent/guardian must give permission for their child by signing a Theatre Production Permission Form attached below. All students are required to take a written safety test, practical safety tests on each tool and are expected to pass.
General Theatre Safety